Garlic Roasted Radishes
1 pound of fresh radishes, stems removed, tips trimmed and halved
1 tablespoon of oil or coconut oil with butter
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of dried parsley, dried chives, or dried dill or mix
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
Optional toppings: Ranch dressing to drizzle or garnish with fresh parsley, dill, or chives
- Preheat oven to 425 ° F.
- In a bowl, combine radishes, cooking fat (butter or oil), dried herbs, salt and pepper; Stir until radishes are evenly coated. (Note: don’t add minced garlic until step 4).
- Spread radishes in a single layer in large 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. After the first 10 minutes of baking, add the minced garlic and mix. Return to oven to bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until radishes are golden brown and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- If desired, serve with ranch dressing for dipping or drizzle on top and garnish with fresh parsley, dill, or chives.
- You can serve them alongside meats and chicken. For an extra touch, drizzle these radishes with a little ranch.
- Another favorite way to enjoy these Garlic Roasted Radishes is by adding them to a salad alongside chicken, avocado, sliced almonds, and green onions, then tossing it all together with a citrus vinaigrette.
- To cook radishes, you can bake or roast them in the oven, or sauté or roast them on the stove. You can also boil or steam radishes, although those techniques could result in radishes that are too mushy and loss of nutrients.