Garlic Chickpea Soup
From The Clever Meal
1 tbsp of olive oil, plus more for drizzling
3 large garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of dried rosemary
½ tsp of dried thyme
¼ tsp of chili flakes
2 cans (15 oz each) of chickpeas
1 (6oz-180 grams) large potato, diced
2 cups (480 ml) of low-sodium vegetable broth or water
Salt & black pepper, to taste
- Pour one of the cans of chickpeas with its liquid into a blender and purée until smooth.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute. Add the puréed chickpeas, the second can of drained chickpeas, the cubed potato, paprika, rosemary, thyme, chili flakes, and black pepper. Give it a good stir. Add broth or water and stir again.
- Place a lid on the pot and bring the soup to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down and allow it to simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of olive oil if you wish.