CRISPY EGGPLANT TACOS WITH CILANTRO SAUCE
Content Source: Mountain Mama Cooks
INGREDIENTS:FOR THE CILANTRO SAUCE: 1 BUNCH OF CILANTRO, STEMS REMOVED 1 CLOVE OF GARLIC 1 TEASPOON DIJON MUSTARD JUICE OF ONE LIME 1 TEASPOON HONEY 2 TABLESPOONS GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE 6 TABLESPOONS OLIVE OIL PINCH KOSHER SALT AND GROUND BLACK PEPPER FOR THE EGGPLANT TACOS: 3 SMALL JAPANESE EGGPLANT 1/2 CUP FLOUR 2 EGGS 1 CUP PANKO BREAD CRUMBS 1/4 TEASPOON GROUND CUMIN 1/4 TEASPOON GROUND CHILI POWDER 1/2 TEASPOON KOSHER SALT 8 CORN TORTILLAS 1 AVOCADO, DICED 2 SMALL ROMA TOMATOES, DICED
TO MAKE THE CILANTRO SAUCE (can be be made ahead)
- Combine the garlic and cilantro and pulse.
- Add mustard, lime juice, honey and parmesan cheese. Pulse to form a smooth paste.
- Slowly add olive oil and and blitz until sauce is emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
TO MAKE THE TACOS:
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4-inch sticks. Place the eggs in a small bowl and beat until smooth. Place flour in another small bowl. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, cumin, chili powder and salt.
- Dredge the eggplant in the flour, shaking off excess and then dip into egg followed by the panko mixture.
- Place the breaded eggplant on a baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes until breading is crispy and eggplant is tender.
- Divide the eggplant between 8 tortillas, drizzle with cilantro sauce and top with diced avocado and tomato.